Sunday, August 10, 2008

Mario Kart for the WII

Courtney and I waited on line today at Best Buy to get a Wii Fit and Mario Kart for the Wii. I was up early with Christopher so I was able to read the paper and see that they had at least 10 per store. Courtney kept asking me when we were going, so I finally gave in and told her to bring a book.

I figured getting there at 10:30 would be fine, but she wanted to go at 10. Good thing. At 10 am we were 4th in line, by 10:30 there were a couple of dozen people waiting. The Best Buy Blue Shirt guy came out with tickets for Wii, Wii Fit, Wii Mario Kart, XBox something and the new 80 GB PS3. He had 10 for each, except Mario Kart, he only had 4 of those.

An hour and a half later, we had another Wii wheel, Wii Fit and Mario Kart and were on our way home.

Wow, this game is addictive. And silly as hell. Even Deb was shrieking, cussing and talking smack with the girls. Unfortunately after a few minutes our Wii motes died. We have 4 battery packs, but the girls haven't been recharging them. So we couldn't play for a couple of hours.

Tonight, Courtney and I played for about 30 minutes. She definitely is going to need a lot of drivers education ;-)

I want to get a game going after a few cocktails next weekend. This looks like it would be fun with a few beers! You get rocket packs, cliffs to fall off, banana peels to spin out on, walls you can ride sideways on and lots more fun stuff.

I can see why so many people want this game. We could have played for hours more, but the girls had to get in bed. Tomorrow is their first day back at school!

No comments: