Another reason to hate living in Atlanta.
Yesterday I had at least 6 different people pull out in front of me on the surface streets. I expect it on the highway, but the surface streets?
I left about an hour later than usual yesterday morning since I forgot to set the alarm. Within 3 miles of my house I had the following:
- redneck in a beat up pickup truck with a trailer cut across 2 lanes of 41 in front of me and another car. I locked up the brakes and did the 'abs hop'. Guy next to me got sideways.
- guy comes out of Blue springs, cuts in front of me by maybe 20 feet, gets sideways in the right lane an almost goes into the embankment
- woman putting on makeup drifts into my lane going up the hill
On the way home from work
- clown runs the red light turning on to the highway (I'm turning left) I stop fast the guy behind me almost hits me. Squealing tires and everything
- usual fun on I-75 on a Friday afternoon
- Get off on 92 to take the backroads home, woman in an SUV decides she doesn't want to turn left in the left turn only lane, cuts across my lane and takes a right. I wasn't going that fast so I stopped before hitting her
Note that I drive a bright red mustang GT with 4 headlights, which are always on. Not a white or grey car they couldn't see.
Arrgh. Needless to say I had a few beers when I got home.
(I did see Ironman after work before going home because traffic was so bad. Very good movie.)